It is the aim of Monteleone Junior High to help our students become conscientious, self-directed, and productive members of a changing, culturally diverse society. We recognize that our students come to us with different backgrounds, values, abilities, and learning styles. Through our guidance as teachers, we will strive to see that each child succeeds as a confident individual who is a responsible, cooperative, and contributing member of society. It is also the task of the faculty to meet the needs of individual students in order that they be better prepared to achieve their maximum potential.
We believe that growth can occur when the school and classroom offer activities and learning situations in which each student is invited to actively participate. It is the duty of the faculty and staff to motivate, challenge, and direct the students in their growth and development.
Finally, it is the desire of the faculty to create learning situations that are of relevance to students. As a result, our students may value education and its benefits to their future.
- The primary focus of the school is to educate each student in order that they can become self-confident, motivated, lifelong learners.
- The educational program allows students to have access to a variety of resources, technology, and teaching styles that are appropriate and meaningful for their learning needs.
- Our school promotes an atmosphere of safety, fairness, and respect for others.
- Parents, faculty, administrators, students, and community members share in the responsibility for providing a positive learning environment in order to enhance self-esteem and mutual respect.
- The school provides a variety of extracurricular activities to enhance the physical, social, intellectual, and creative development of all students, allowing each to feel welcome in the school community.
- Faculty dedication and commitment is apparent and reflected by the respect and support shown by the community.
- By working together, parents, faculty, students, and administrators promote an atmosphere of fair and open communication.
- The school community is committed to continuous evaluation and improvement.